Joe Burke is a native of New Iberia, Louisiana. His areas of practice include personal injury, criminal law, family law and successions. While his primary office is here in Lake Charles, Joe still maintains an office in New Iberia office to service clients in his hometown.
Prior to attending law school, Joe received undergraduate and graduate degrees in geography from LSU and the University of Maryland. He worked with the United States Navy, Department of Commerce, several foreign governments, and in the public sector on numerous hydrographic surveying projects creating modern nautical charts and responding to navigational catastrophes. Joe is proud to have surveyed the least depth on Bligh Reef, the reef in Prince William Sound, Alaska, notorious for its role in the Exxon Valdez tragedy.
Joe earned his J.D./D.C.L. from Louisiana State University, where he was a member of LSU's Admiralty Moot Court and Trial Advocacy Teams, served as Vice-President of the Trial Advocacy Board, and won the prestigious Ira S. Flory Trial Competition. He is a member of the Louisiana Bar Association, the Louisiana Association for Justice, and the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 2012
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- B.S. - 2000
- Major: Geography
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers, Ones to Watch 2021, 2022
- Listed in “Top Lawyers of Acadiana”, Acadiana Profile 2021, 2022.
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- SWLA Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Louisiana Association for Justice
Past Employment Positions
- deGravelles & Palmintier, Attorney, of Counsel, 2012 to 2019
- C&C Technologies, Project Manager, 2005 to 2009