Becky was born and raised in Lake Charles, Louisiana, graduating from Sam Houston High School as Valedictorian, and selected as the "Calcasieu Parish High School Student of the Year" for 1999. She attended Texas A&M University, obtaining a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science, and graduating cum laude. While there, she served as the Texas A&M University Junior Class Vice President, the Texas A&M University Senior Class Vice President, and the Judicial Chair of the university's chapter of Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity.
Upon graduation in 2004, she was selected to be a White House intern in the Office of Presidential Advance, in Washington, D.C. Thereafter, she was hired as the Southwest Louisiana Regional Representative for United States Senator David Vitter, managing his office for the 5-parish area of Southwest Louisiana.
She graduated from Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center in 2009. While there, she worked as a lobbying intern at the Louisiana Legislature, where she successfully lobbied for the passage of a $41.5 million state appropriation for the expansion and creation of federally-qualified health centers, and Becky represented battered women in the East Baton Rouge Parish Family Court, as a student attorney. During her first summer in law school, she was also selected to study at Oxford University in Oxford, England.
Upon graduation in 2009, she worked as a law clerk for Judge Penelope Q. Richard in the 38th Judicial District Court, in Cameron.
In 2014, she was appointed by the President of the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association to serve as a board member of the private, non-profit corporation, Acadiana Legal Services Corporation, representing the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association on that board. Becky has served as the Secretary of the Family Law Section of the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association, since 2015. She served as a member of the Louisiana State Bar Association's Criminal Justice Committee from 2013-2015. From 2013 to 2017, Becky served as a board member of the Young Lawyers Section of the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association, as well as serving as the Chairman of that organization's annual philanthropic toy drive, "Holiday Helping Hands" in 2013 and in 2014. She has served on the Board of Directors for the Southwest Louisiana Bar Foundation since 2018, and is currently serving as Treasurer. Becky was honored as the Bar Association's 2014 recipient of the "President's Award for Outstanding Service", for her work through the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association.
Becky is currently the President of the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association. She served on the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association's Executive Council, as a board member in 2014 and 2015, was elected Secretary in 2016, was elected Treasurer in 2017, and was elected as President-Elect in 2018. Becky was selected in 2019 to be a Board Member for the Louisiana Bar Foundation's Southwest Community Partnership Panel.
She practices Criminal Defense and Family Law, with a special focus in her law practice in Adoption Law.
In 2016, 2017, and 2018, Acadiana Profiles Magazine named Becky as one of the "Top Lawyers in Acadiana". In 2019, Becky was selected as among only 2% of lawyers in the state by the prestigious Super Lawyers organization as a "2020 Louisiana Rising Star" Super Lawyer.
Becky is married to the Mayor of Lake Charles, Nic Hunter, who also owns The Villa Harlequin restaurant. In 2017, they welcomed their first child, and they are expecting their second child in 2020.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law 100%
- Custody & Visitation
- Spousal and Child Support
- Community Property
- Louisiana, 2010
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D. - 2009
- Major: Graduate Diploma of Civil Law
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- B.S. (cum laude)
- Major: Political Science
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association Family Law Section, Secretary, 2015 – Present
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Foundation, Board of Directors, 2018 - Present
- o Southwest Louisiana Bar Association, President-Elect, 2018
- o Southwest Louisiana Bar Association, Treasurer, 2017
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association, Secretary, 2016
- Acadiana Legal Services Corporation, Board Member, 2014
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Board Member, 2013 – 2017
- Louisiana State Bar Association Criminal Justice Committee, 2013 -2015
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Leadership Class, 2012
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member, 2010
- Southwest Louisiana Bar Association, Member, 2010
Past Employment Positions
- Thirty-eighth Judicial District Court, Law Clerk, 2010 to 2011
- United States Senate, Southwest LA Regional Representative, 2005 to 2006
- The White House, Intern, 2005
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Zeta Tau Alpha